Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In This Guide
This guide is meant to direct you toward reliable resources for researching topics that focus on African and African American history and culture. Use the menu above to navigate through the guide's pages.
- African Studies - Find scholarly and external resources providing information on African history and culture..
- Books & E-books - Find books & e-books that focus on African American history, culture and literature available at the UNT Dallas Library and through our electronic resources.
- Historical Documents - Find documents which have contributed to the shaping of African American history.
- Journals & Articles - Find peer-reviewed journals and scholarly articles relating to African American history.
- Little Known History - Find resources to lesser known historical facts and key figures in African American history..
- Slavery in America - Find resources on the slavery of Africans & their descendants in the United States..
- Videos - Find videos on African Americans related to history, culture, literature, sports, and more.
- Websites - Find links to external resources on African American newspapers, magazines, history, census data and more.